Gravitate Health: A digital health information journey
The Gravitate Health is a public – private partnership with 39 members from Europe and the US, co-led by University of Oslo (coordinator) and Pfizer (industry lead), funded by the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) – a joint undertaking of the European Commission, the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA), IMI2 Associated Partners.
How Gravitate Health will work – Action lines
Testing scenarios / test beds to pilot and evaluate
- Provide requirements, enable “Patient Voice”—in other words, personalized solutions for patients according to their needs
- Do multi-facetted evaluation (process and outcome)
Technology development – Open Source Platform & G-Lens
- Provide technological development and support, comprising innovative digital solutions, architecture and interoperability capabilities
- Use trusted information Sources –ePI, IPS/EHR–trusted health education material (ems, Felleskatalogen, etc)
- Ensure respect for patient privacy and good data governance
Exploitation and sustainability for broader use
- Develop exploitation and sustainability plans, and wider deployment
Communication and dissemination – National, Europe & Globally
- Establish a comprehensive strategy to reach all key stakeholder audiences
- Raise awareness & offer incentives to end-user: patients and their support network, family, significant others, health professionals…
Project management and governance
Introduce governance bodies including the Steering Committee, Project Management Team, International Advisory Board
The White Paper is the project’s end-product/result.
The White Paper will consist of recommendations on realistic strategies to strengthen access, understanding and future use of digital services like electronic Product Information (ePIs) for medicines as a tool for risk minimization.
The open-source digital platform will provide the infrastructure based on the leading interoperability standard HL7 FHIR® to enable G-Lens to function.
G-lens capabilities – Access & understanding – Real World Data (RWD), Health Education Material
Pilot studies evaluation will test whether the G-lens functionality supports the patient: access to and understanding of health information, engagement with health education, collection and value of Real World Data, and creation of opportunities for Health Education Material.
Dissemination – Communication – Stakeholder engagement (end-users, health professionals, ecosystems, hackathons, interoperability showcase) – Exploitable assets
 an open-source digital platform supporting ‘G-Lens’ (an integrated, digital, user-centric health information solution, with two-way communication)
so that the end-users (citizens, patients) will
- have easier access and will better understand health information originating from trusted sources.
- follow their treatment, use medication safely to enjoy better health and quality of life.
…and specialists / health professionals will use the available health information to effectively minimize risk and take relevant measures.
 a White Paper with recommendations to specialists on how to strengthen access, understanding and future use of digital services like ePIs as a tool for Risk Minimization.
MANAGEMENT & GOVERNANCE
Gravitate Health is an integrated, ambitious multidisciplinary information project. To manage such a large and complex project effectively, a clear governance structure is required. Representatives of the public partners and the industry partners are co-represented at all levels of governance.
The General Assembly acts as the ultimate democratic decision-making body in the project. General Assembly implements the top-level decision-making within the project and is composed of one nominated representative from each partner. The General Assembly is chaired by the Project Coordinator and co-chaired by the Project Lead.